Friday, October 17, 2008

How Well Do You Know Dwight Yoakam?

"Well you don't know me but you don't like me,
Say you care less how I feel.
But how many of you who sit and judge me,
Have tried my Chicken Lickin's Chicken Fries?"

I should write jingles.

Remember the trip to Walgreens? Of course you do. I just told you about it yesterday. Well, same trip. I stop in the small frozen food section to figure something out for the kids for first dinner. Second dinner was the chicken and dumplings I was cooking but that would not be ready for a few hours and they MUST eat the moment we get home. Regardless, this is what I find...


Sorry for the picture quality. I only have a camera phone.


So I bought 'em.

Besides the fact I've never been truly comfortable with a "chicken fry" (it's just not natural), can I mention how disturbing "chicken lickin'" is? Who licks the chicken? Is this chicken on chicken action? Does Dwight lick the chicken? That would be a good selling point, I think. "EACH CHICKEN INDIVIDUALLY LICKED BY MR. YOAKAM HIMSELF!" It could go right under the catchy phrase, "Just Heat 'Em and Eat 'Em"

However, I do not find that they are part of the Bakersfield Biscuit Brand a powerful selling tool. I lived in Bakersfield. It's not much to brag about.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'd buy the fries if they were each individually licked by Mr. Yoakam himself...but without proff of said lickage, I may have to go back to my original opinion of chicken fries...they're just wrong, all wrong.

Anonymous said...

oh those just gross me out

CeCe said...

I'm with you, chicken fries are just not natural.